General Product Description
Self-adhesive silicone gel sheets, medically proven to treat red raised scars and to minimise potential scarring. Cica-Care is durable, comfortable, and reusable, ideal for day and night use. It is also safe to use on children and adults making it suitable for the whole family. Cica-Care can even be used on scars up to 20 years old.
- Flattens, softens, and fades scares.
- Prevents scars on healed wounds.
- Washable & reusable.
Directions for Use
- Wash hands before and after use.
- Gently clean the scar and surrounding skin with a mild soap and rinse in clean warm water. Thoroughly dry the scar and surrounding skin.
- Peel lid from tray and remove Cica-Care gel sheet with printed plastic sheet still attached.
- For small scars, cut gel sheet to fit scar size, with a small overlap over the surrounding skin. To facilitate ease of removal, ensure that the cut piece includes the removal flap on the printed plastic sheet. For large scars, use several sheets side by side.
- Remove printed plastic sheet.
- Apply gel sheet, adhesive side to the scar, without stretching (C). Although self-adhesive, Cica-Care may also be held in place by a light elastic conforming bandage or tape such as Opsite Flexifix or Primafix Plus. Do not hold the gel sheet too tightly against the scar as this can lead to irritation of the scar and the surrounding area.
- For the first two days use Cica-Care for 4 hours during the day or night. For next two days use for 8 hours each day or night. Continue to increase wear time by two hours per day until a minimum of 12 hours per day is reached. If possible, it should be worn 24 hours per day.
- Clean Cica-Care twice daily with a mild soap and rinse well. Dry with a non-fluffy towel or by airing.
- Ensure the scar and surrounding skin are washed using the mild soap prior to re-applying the gel sheet. Rinse the area in clean warm water. Dry with a non-fluffy towel.
- When Cica-Care begins to wear or cleaning is difficult, it should be replaced. This usually occurs after 28 days. With correct use the total therapy time should be in the range of 2 to 4 months.
For external use only. Always read the label before use. Use as directed. Do not use on open wounds. Do not use on skin affected by dermatological conditions (eg.Psoriasis & Acne). Do not use unless skin surrounding scar is normal and wound is fully healed. Do not use with ointments or creams under gel sheet.